Wednesday, June 22, 2005

old memories

I feel like such a dumb ass right now. I just went and saw my old truck, my baby....i know its dumb to be so attached to a hunk of metal but i couldn't help it. ever sense the 18th of January when i got into my accident more than anything i didn't want to loose that truck, it just ment so much to me. and when StateFarm...those Bastards....totaled her it killed me, and i felt ashamed to take a measly 9 grand for somthing that i loved so much. its been 5months, a new truck, several sessions a physical therapy and x-rays later and there i was....
Standing in that God for Saken Juke heep lot looking at my Baby, her dent beat out in a brutish manner with a hammer, half her trim ripped off, broken fog light and stripped to a mear shadow of her former self. but that fire that i felt the first time i got behind that wheel was still there, in the luster of the black paint, in the engine just waiting to roar to life under that hood.... her 350 Vortec called to me to find my spare and take her for a joy ride.
they only think shes worth 45hundred now, being beat down and totaled. i couldn't help it, i reached out and ran my fingers along her smooth glossy finish grazed the bumps and bangs that morning left to her. there on the front head light the gum that i stuck in the rock whole to keep the rain from getting in and shorting the bulb. my fingers hit the drivers side door, the handle was cool and welcoming under my fingers. i closed my eyes to reminis....

this was where i would jump in, useing the steering wheel to hoist myself onto the soft Lumbar seats, i turn the key and she purrs to life and for the 15min drive home i'm bigger than i am. i'm not a 5 foot nothing girl, i'm invicible....i'm the toughest, badest and most beautiful woman around, with confidence and grace, power and elegance, 4wheel drive and a Chevy 350 vortec and Ozzy Osbournes GoodBye to Romance Blasting.....i with drew my hand and looked past her to my new 2000 toyo, the truck that "better fits"me....
So you guys want to know why i cried when i lost my Baby in January and why i fought so long with the insurance company? because that truck made me feel the way i've always wanted to feel. and because that truck saved my life that morning....thats why i love my Baby still while she sits on that nasty lot marked down to hooker trash. If id been driving somthing that "fit me better" back in january i wouldnt be here now. so i love that truck like someone who loves the person who risked their life or lost their life for them. and this may seem dumb but see how well and small standard cab toy holds up to a full size lifted Ford ramming into the back of you doing 55............

1 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Evelyna said...

Rachel,

Thats actually very poetic. I liked it, and it makes alot of sense. :D I hope it helped you figure all that out. :D I'm so excited that you are blogging on your own. :D Eeek. Anyways, much love. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home