Sunday, March 05, 2006

"Little Man"----for Koa

Little Man
A precious little gift, is what they all will call you
My little man is how I know you.
God sent you here so early
For reasons no one knows
He knew you Mom and Daddy
And that they’d love you gladly.
They say that he knows best
That he only does small tests
And until today I questioned him
Until today I say an empty hymn.
But you were sent my little man,
To touch the hearts of many.
They know you as a precious gift
Sent to Jeremiah and Courtnie.
But to me, you are my little man
My angel in blue light.
Before you can even walk
Before I have held your hand
You’ve found me where I’m floundering
And led me back to land
My little man.
You’ve made me see that I need to believe
That Someone is watching you.
That in the end God put you here
And in the end he’s here for you.
Cause the thought that you are lost like me
Is far too much to bear
And little man, I thank you more than words can ever say
I hold you in my heart; you gave me reason to pray

3 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Alaska said...

This is a very beautiful poem and full of meaning...so much so that I have been at loss of how to comment. Suffice it to say that I am over-joyed that this "little man" has allowed you to see the meaning in your life. I worry for you every bit as much as I worry for Koa. ("worry" is not the correct word I am not sure "pray" fully captures the meaning either).

I believe Koa has been given to us for many reasons...not the least of which is to force us to examine our beliefs,our purpose and who we are. However, remember as you state in your poem, he is a "little man". ALL men are little in comparison to the magnificant force which creates us. Being mere men we have no hope of understanding the will or logic of this creative force but must simply revel in the beauty and mystery it presents to us.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Evelyna said...

you should read postsecret this week. Its good. :D (wink)

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Evelyna said...

oh, and sorry I never commented on your poem. I think when I read it I was rushing off somewhere, and didn't have time to comment. I really like it, and I'm really glad that this experience has brought you closer to God. You asked once, why God did it. Well, maybe that was why. To lead you back to Him. I love you. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home